Friday, April 16, 2010

MadMen - Season 3


This Monday I got Season 3 of MadMen in the mail… I now have 2 episodes left to watch. Living in Australia and not having pay TV can often mean lengthy waits for things to be released on DVD… however, when it comes to television shows I love I honestly can not wait until they are released in Australia and I end up buying them off eBay. I had to buy a multi region DVD specifically because the DVDs I buy from eBay are from the UK or USA but it is more then worth it to have them earlier :)

I have loved MadMen since the first time I saw it simply because the costumes and set are amazing but after watching even one episode I was hooked on the storyline too. Obviously being set in the early 1960’s it appealed to me immensely, but I also loved that it is about an advertising agency. Vintage adverts fascinate me and having completed my certificate 2 in graphic design I really love the creative focus. I wont go into any details about plot incase I spoil it for those of you who have not watched it. All I can say is that if you haven’t seen it, go and buy it on DVD… right now. You will not regret it. I recommend that you watch it from the beginning but have to say that, season 3 has blown me away and is by far my favourite at the moment. Looking forward to season 4 with great anticipation…

2 comments:

  1. I STILL haven't seen Mad Men. =\
    Also, I buy quite a few DVDs from the internets, too, because I can't find a lot of the classic films I want on DVD here. I just found codes on the internet that allow me to play all region codes. ;]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, you should definitely watch it! Season 1 & 2 is available at JB, but Season 3 isnt out here yet. I think you would enjoy it, even if you drool over the clothes like I do half the time hehe...

    Yeah I have bought a few classic films on eBay too, I couldnt find The Misfits anywhere, but good old eBay came through as usual :)

    haha, yes that would have been the smart idea... but I didnt find out you could do that until after I had gotten a new DVD player...all good though, it didnt set me back too much.
    xo

    ReplyDelete