Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1940s lounging set

Seems I am having a slight blockage of thoughts lately and although I am happy to say I have actually followed through with my list as per my last post, I can only get about two paragraphs into a post before I loose my train of thought and move onto "something else" (namely shopping). This does however mean, that I have started writing a few things and once I am done I should have numerous posts ready so my good intentions have not yet backfired.

On one of my trails off onto "something else" I did come across an amazing 1940s lounging set that I just had to share! It is still available on the US based website and for any girl lucky enough to fit into this I salute you :) It is from BlueVelvetVintage and can be found here.  


Actual garment measurements
Top - Bust 34" Length 12", ribcage 29"
Pants - Waist 26"
Hips - 38" (should allow at least two inches here to fit comfortably)
Length -  38"
Inseam - 24" (40's pants hang lower in the crotch area than modern pants)



 Images from BlueVelvetVintage

2 comments:

  1. I love that set. Sigh. It reminds me of a repro set I saw SOMEWHERE but I can't remember where. =[
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too... Wishing I fitted those measurements.
    Do let me know if you remember where you saw it?

    xo

    ReplyDelete